Spoken Cafe Has a Carefully Crafted Bespoke Menu
Will Goodwin, owner of Spoken Café, is a self-proclaimed “handyman” who once went to school for architecture but then found himself in the coffee/café world. A New Orleans transplant, his penchant for big and bold flavors come through in his menu. Will worked at Spoken Café when it was originally known as Beans & Bagels. Already a familiar face to the neighborhood (and a charming and charismatic one at that), he decided to buy Beans & Bagels and make it his own – renovating the entire place with wood furnishings he built himself! Since 2015 he has been running Spoken Café with his wife and his team of 12 awesome coworkers churning out delicious creations. A man who never wants to let good food go to waste, he prides himself on “salvaging white beans” and “resurrecting” watermelons. Tune in to learn Will’s story, and listen to the full episode to find out what region of Louisiana he’s from in order to win a $25 gift card to Spoken Café!
Text Version of the Recipe
Velvety Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Floret Garnish
1 head cauliflower
1 small to medium onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
- Shave off 3/4 of outer florets of head cauliflower and set aside
- Add onion and garlic to olive oil in a pot and sautee till translucent
- Rough chop remaining cauliflower and add to pot to sweat out for about 10 min
- Add vegetable stock till ingredients are barely covered and simmer till cauliflower is tender
- Once tender run contents of pot through Vitamix or high speed blender (start at low speed then move to highest setting)
- Put olive oil into skillet and carefully brown the set aside shaved florets till crispy
- Set onto paper towel to drain off excess oil and pour off and save remaining oil from skillet
- Salt and pepper soup to taste and serve with a sprinkling of shaved browned florets and a drizzle of the browned oil
Give Us Some Feedback!
Did you make the recipe? Share your results in the comments below!
We are now sponsored by Audible and happy to announce that you can now download a free book of your choice! Happy Reading!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Chefs Coast to Coast!