This is Why Your Pizzas Aren’t Coming Out Right
Owner and Chef for Pi Pizza HTX, Anthony Calleo, came on Chefs Coast to Coast to chat about his transition from Pi Pizza’s Food Truck to their first (almost open) Brick & Mortar location. He shares his recipe for success and a few lessons he’s learned along the way that can be applied to any endeavor. In this episode, Anthony also shares the in depth look at the art & science behind making a really great pizza. He shares practical tips that you can implement at home to get your best pizza at home.
Also in this episode, we discuss how you can get free pizza for life, as long as you trade some space on your body for a pizza tattoo. Keep your eyes open for more news from Pi Pizza on their grand opening plans–if you haven’t had a slice of their pizza, you need to get on that!
How to Prep Your Oven for the Perfect at Home Pizza:
- Get a pizza stone or use a cast iron skillet to place your pizza on
- Get two masonry bricks and place them in the bottom of your oven
- Set your oven to 500 degrees and let it heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- Set your oven to broil and leave it on broil for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Put corn meal down on your pizza peel
- Stretch out your dough, top your pizza and transfer it from the pizza peel to the pizza stone in the oven as quickly as possible
- Cook for 12 minutes