How to Make Bro’Chetta
Before we get started on the 10th episode of Chefs Coast To Coast, (can you believe this is the 10the episode? Time flies!) I’d like to announce the winner of last week’s giveaway, which was $50 to Found Kitchen in Chicago, IL *drum roll please* Duong P.!
This week’s episode features Chef Joey Celmer who has more than 15 years experience in the culinary industry. Upon graduating from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute with honors, Celmer worked throughout the greater Chicago area in healthcare and as a private chef learning the importance of nutrition, organization, meticulous service and dietary needs. His extensive background has lead him to work with leading chefs in France, Italy, Greece, Brussels and Kenya. He has been honored to serve government officials, embassy leaders, professional athletes and royalty.
Chef Joey shares the perfect midday snack or party appetizer with this delicious tomato, corn and avocado bruschetta:
Tomato, Corn and Avocado Bruschetta
Makes 12 to 14
- 1 Cup Fresh Corn
- 1 Cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado, small cubes
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic ground into paste
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 10 Grinds of Pepper
- 8 Large Basil Leaves, chiffonade
- 12 to 14 Slices of Ciabatta Bread brushed with olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, Dijon. Gradually whisk while drizzling in olive oil. Whisk until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- To the bowl add sweet corn and tomatoes. Gently mix until all ingredients are covered. Add the avocado dices and basil and fold gently. Set aside.
- Cut 12 to 14 slices of ciabatta bread into ½ thick slices. Brush each side lightly with olive oil and grill on both sides until toasted.
- Top each slice of the toasted bread with the tomato, corn and avocado mixture. Either serve whole or cut in half. An optional garnish is shaved parmesan.
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Chefs Coast to Coast.