Chris (Crash) Hethcox, A Bold Chef with Bold Flavors
Chris “Crash” Hethcox is a bold man with an equally bold nickname. Known by everyone as Crash, he takes a similar approach to his career in cooking- going all in with force and bravado. His energetic and determined spirit has brought him many honorable awards throughout the years such as being named “Top 10 Places to Eat in TN” (Deep South Magazine), awarded “Late Night King of Memphis” (Last Call Food Brawl), numerous trophies in national BBQ cook-offs, and has been featured in Southern Living magazine and appeared on BBC America’s “Chef Race: UK vs U.S.” and Larry Csonka’s “North to Alaska”. Crash’s cuisine is heavily rooted in southern classics, and he prides himself as a mean Pitmaster with serious BBQ skills. Keep listening to find out what 5 spices are an absolute must for any cook, where to find the best Thai food in Houston, and get a “Crash” course on what it takes to make it in the chef world.
Try This Week’s Recipe!
- 4 Bell Peppers (1 ea: Green, Red, Yellow, and Orange) diced small
- 1 Yellow Onion diced small
- 3 Celery Stalks diced small
- 3 Heirloom Tomatoes diced small
- 2 English Cucumbers diced small
- 1 bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mint chopped
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans drained
- 2 Lemons zested and juiced
- 3/4 cup high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Feta
- 1/2 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl and incorporate well
- Allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving
- Serving Suggestions: Service in avocado halves or add Bacon and Shrimp for extra goodness
Give us some Feedback!
Did you make the recipe? Share your results in the comments below!
We are now sponsored by Audible and happy to announce that you can now download a free book of your choice! Happy Reading!
Love this post? Then you’ll really love our monthly newsletter with playlists from your favorite musicians, tour alerts, concert recommendations and a giveaway. Sign up here.