Podcast Episode 032 Chicago: “Chef’s Special”: Ron Swanson Inspired Brunch
Chef’s Coast to Coast is highlighting a past favorite interview on this week’s episode. The “Chef’s Special,” typically a dish that uses the season’s best ingredients, is our version of bringing to light the stories of chefs that really spoke to us.
I chatted with Ricky, co-founder of Whisk Chicago, a burger and brunch restaurant that serves Ron Swanson-inspired eats like steak hash, steak & eggs, and the house burger an 8oz burger topped with chihuahua cheese, chipotle mayo, guacamole, and tortilla strips. The restaurant was founded by two brothers who have a deep love for food, parks & rec and all things brunch and burgers. Enjoy!
Try This Week’s Recipe!
Chicken Tinga Recipe
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Medium Yellow (Spanish) Onions
- 5 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Whole
- Bay leaves
- 1 Can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Can of Chef Style Tomatoes
- In a stock pot add the whole chicken, chopped onion, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Fill with 3/4 of water or just enough to cover the whole chicken.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked, remove from water and set aside to cool.
- In a shallow pan add a cup of sliced onion, add salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add a can of tomatoes, bay leaves and half of the can of chipotle peppers (add more or less if you want the dish to be mild or spicy).
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Take the chicken and shred by hand.
- Add chicken to the sauce and cook it for 2-5 minutes.
- Use for tacos, tostadas or dip with chips
Give us some Feedback!
Did you make the recipe? Share your results in the comments below!